1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Create form in site studio

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by rajmicro78, Apr 8, 2009.

1. rajmicro78

rajmicro78 Active Member

Hi
    I am using Content server and site studio 10gR3. I have developed a website now i want to create a form which contains
    Name
    Email
    Comment
    with proper validations. Can any one guide me how I can do this.

Waiting for your earlier reply

Thanks
    Rajeev

2. markH

markH Forum Advisor

hi you need to create HCSPs and HCSFs to create custom forms. Then you can check in these forms in UCM and the form fields will be visible. Actually the same thing can also be done with JSPs but HCSFs are basically easier. (at least for me)

If you have no idea what I am talking about read from the link below

http://books.google.com/books?id=Ti...EZIw&sig=o8_UF55tcg55VFzK4CrefJS0C6g#PPA85,M1

The chapter above that I have linked explains in detail how to create a simple form. I would say that do yourself a favor and buy Bex's book.

3. rajmicro78

rajmicro78 Active Member

thanks mark for your reply

Now i have created the HCSf file and its working fine. Everytime i submit my HCSF file it create a new HCSP file in content server.
    I want to know how i can integrated this HCSF form file to my site studio website layout.

waiting for your reply

thanks
    rajeev

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

You can create new layout pages in Site Studio Designer from your existing .hcsp file in your file system. To open the hcsp file within Site Studio Designer, From the "Select Layout Page" dialog box choose "Create a new layout page from an existing one", and select the "stored on the file system" radio button. This will enable you to check in the source file and then continue to work with it in Site Studio Designer.