1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Create employee api and concurrent programme interface

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by bazthejockey, Jun 11, 2014.

1. bazthejockey

bazthejockey Active Member

Hi,
    I wanted to know if you could help me with some guidance on building an inbound interface. Its for new employees to be created into the ebs 11i app automatically picking up a csv of the data from a staging server then onto a temporary table then creating the employee on the people form via an api.

I know basic plsql/SQL but I'm new to this process. I understand that SQL loader, ctl files and using concurrent manager to automate this can be used but i don't know the order.

Any advise would be great

Thanks

2. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Hi,

I'll try to outline one simple way to do it - you can get details of the steps by googling around (if you are not familiar with the method):

A) Create Concurrent Program for SQL*Loader to load csv file in staging table (RQ1)

1. Create control file (ctl) for SQL*Loader to load file in staging table

2. Define an Executable
    System Administrator > Concurrent > Executable
    Executable short name = same name as ctl file (without the .ctl)

3. Define Program and associate to Executable (created in Step 1.)
    System Administrator > Concurrent > Program

4. Add Program to appropriate Request Group.
    Security > Responsibility > Request

B) Create Concurrent Program for PL/SQL Procedure to load employees (RQ2)

1. Write a package/procedure to create employees using EBS API and above staging table
    2. Define Executable + Program + Request Gp. (as in Steps A.2, A.3, A.4)

C) Create Concurrent Program for Shell script to run above Programs

1. Design and write a script (Shell script,for example, if it's a Unix or Unix like type of Server) which consists of following:
    - Scan a given directory on your staging server and look for the specific csv files.
    => You can create a dedicated directory for this and/or use specific file naming convention to pick the appropriate files.
    - For each file, Launch Concurrent requests RQ1 & RQ2 sequentially (waiting for RQ1 to complete before running RQ2)
    - Move / Rename each file once processed

2. Define Executable + Program + Request Gp. (as in Steps A.2, A.3, A.4)

2. Schedule it according to your requirements

Hope this helps.

3. bazthejockey

bazthejockey Active Member

Thank you very much for this, I will try this on my development environment and post the outcome.

Thanks again Rajen.