1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Copy/Paste from Discoverer 10g into Excel 2007

Discussion in 'Oracle Discoverer' started by soso, Jun 12, 2009.

1. soso

soso Active Member

Hi,
    I've been using Discoverer 10g for some time now, and on my old computer I was simply able to copy a worksheet from Discoverer (click top left square, Ctr+C), open an Excel 2003 worksheet, and Ctr+V Paste in Excel, and the data, unformatted would be there.

My computer has just been replaced, and now it has Excel 2007. This doesn't appear to recognise that any data has been copied over from Discoverer, and so I can't use this easy Copy/Paste option any more.

I can get around this problem by exporting worksheets, but this is long-winded and annoying, as I have to go through the menus, and open every worksheet in a new Excel document.

Is there a way I can get back to just using Copy/Paste with Excel 2007?

Many thanks.

2. sameer

sameer Forum Advisor

strange, i don't use office 2007 but when you done Ctr+C the disco data is copied to your memory. If you paste it in excel 2007 there is no reason it shouldn't paste there. I mean it's like say you copied something from notepad and tried to paste in excel 2007 but it's not working!

Try and see if you can copy from any application like notepad and paste in office 2007. Try restarting your pc if it doesn't work, becuase this is not really a problem with disco.

3. soso

soso Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I've pinpointed the problem a bit more now - think it is an issue with Discoverer. I've found that I can copy/paste a worksheet of 3,992 rows by 9 columns (=35,928 pieces of data), but the problem worksheet is 5119 rows by 35 columns (=179,165 pieces of data).
    Is there any way I can up the amount of data being copied over? As I said, it worked fine with my old computer.

Thanks