1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

copy data from production server to test

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by mdnsol@yahoo.com, Jan 11, 2010.

1. mdnsol@yahoo.com

mdnsol@yahoo.com Active Member

I have 2 server 11i , one prod and other test server but i want update data to test server so can you tell me if i copy prodora,prodappl,prodcomn,proddata,proddb from prod server to test server and what more change require to run test server.

Thanks advance
    Hussain

2. ctanchan

ctanchan Guest

Hi,

you could just simply copy the prod data to test server but the host name of the test server is the same with production server. you have two options: 1. would be dont copy it! do the cloning procedure.. 2. make the test server part of different network or VLAN so that this would not conflict with production server.. (DIFFERENT IP ADD REGISTERED in DNS Server)

3. mdnsol@yahoo.com

mdnsol@yahoo.com Active Member

Dear ctanchan ,

our test server running standalone machine which is not part of my network and working with same computer name and ip address as production server but when i copy all folder(prodappl,proddb,proddata,proddora,prodcomm) to test server for latest update test server database not going up so please help what action need to bring up.

thanks
    hussain