1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Copy concurrent request output file to a local directory

Discussion in 'Oracle HRMS & Payroll' started by Kerry, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Kerry

Kerry Active Member

I have a concurrent request that is scheduled to run monthly. I however, need to have the output from each run to be copied to a local directory so it can be used for additional reporting. No one is monitoring this request, it needs to run and move or copy the file. How do I do this?

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Kerry,

This has been around for a while now. check with your dba team. Basically a shell script which calls the concurrent request ID and picks up the completed output and puts it in a desired location is created and scheduled as a concurrent request. Other variants to email the output and send email notifications have been around too. I shall time permitting post the codes.
    cheers
    Ramji

3. Kerry

Kerry Active Member

Hi Ramji,

Thank you for your reply. I have scheduled my job and created email notifications to it also. I think the problem lies now is the concurrent request id changes for each run and the system isn't going to know which file to pick up. I'm going to have to make sure the file has a different name when copied. If you have any script code that will assist with that, that would be great!

Thanks,
    Kerry

4. sivaramakrishna.d

sivaramakrishna.d Active Member

Hi Kerry,

If your concurrent is XML one, you can use XML Bursting concept to send the output as email with attachment.

Siva Ram