1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Content Server Security 'Guest Account'

Discussion in 'Oracle Development General' started by ILINX, Jun 19, 2009.

1. ILINX

ILINX Active Member

If you have a site with content being published for public consumption in a structured website framework they can also be accessed by the UCM Guest account. Several sites are currently available on the Internet where you can use the guest account to access these documents using the standard UCM search interface. The guest accounts still have Read, Write, and Delete permissions. What needs to be done to correct the issue is to restrict the guest user to have read access only. The UCM sites gives the guest user the right to modify and delete content.

The potential harm is that anyone has access to the information as a guest user and they have the ability to change and/or delete content. Example: Go into one of these sites, find some content that is displayed on their website and

1) Delete the content
    2) Check out the content and Check in new content (thus giving you control of what is on their website)

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

good article... is there a way to disable the default Guest account totally?

3. ILINX

ILINX Active Member

Here is a link to my blog with more information. Oops the system thought I was spamming. Can you enable so I can point you to my Blog?

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

There is a default check on the site where links are allowed only after 5 posts. Just make one more post and you can post a link. Else you can put the link in your signature.

5. ILINX

ILINX Active Member

OK, thanks. I added a profile picture and a signature block with my blog. It's a new blog so there is only the one entry so far. Stay tuned and thanks for replying.