1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Content owner shd not be able to delete content

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by pcstechucm, May 29, 2009.

1. pcstechucm

pcstechucm Active Member

Hi,

We have Installed Oracle UCM 10gR3 & the folder component. we are facing configuring document security.

1) We have unchecked "Allow author to delete revision" from the Content Security page but the author is still able to delete documents in content server. Even if he doesn't have the delete permission he is able to delete the documents he has uploaded.

2) Consider the following eg:
    consider user xxx has created a folder in contribution folder & user yyy whats to add document inside the folder. Both xxx & yyy have same role & belong to Security group with RW permission. now when i login as yyy & browse through the folder & try to upload new content from the action drop down box
    a) I still get the owner for doc as xxx (info only field) + I am unable to checkin content with the error "You have insufficient privileges to assign the content item to user 'xxx'"

Please help.
    Santosh Rao.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

In your folder's metadata information, you have the author as xxx. Author values are inherited so when yyy tries to upload a content in the folder, xxx defaults as the author.

Open the metadata information for the folder, click on update and keep the author field blank and submit update. Then when yyy is uploading content into the folder xxx won't default as the author.

You can btw change defaulting rules from in the folders administration page.

3. pcstechucm

pcstechucm Active Member

Hi Sadik,

Thanks for ur response .. by keeping the author blank we are able to achieve what we were trying .. but the author is still able to delete the content he has posted .. we are trying to restrict delete to file owners.

thanks.