1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Confusion -MBA or M.Tech

Discussion in 'Interview Discussions' started by robin, Jan 16, 2012.

1. robin

robin Forum Advisor

Hi,

I am a B.Tech graduate in computer science and I joined a software company last year as a oracle apps trainee.
    I want to do higher studies .I dont know what would be better for me-MBA or M.Tech. I would like to continue my job in oracle apps field.

How does MBA or MTech help in my carrier growth ? What would be best suited for me ? Plz help me with this

Regards
    Robin

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Robin,

Well both options are good if done from the right universities. As you would be well aware, there is intense competition in India for the limited number of seats in IIMs and a couple other top MBA colleges. Whereas it's comparatively easier to get into IITs for a MTech programme through GATE. So this would be one factor.

Moreover if you are tech oriented, you can consider going to the US for a MS degree. Plenty of options and in the good places, you get a good stipend while studying. The route is through GRE.

The thing is, it's usually a question of what one can get instead of what one wants to get. I would suggest to keep it simple. Give all three exams, CAT, GATE and GRE and see where you end up being in the best position.

By the way whether you are an MBA or MTech, either way you can work with Oracle apps so that wouldn't be an issue.

kiran.marla likes this.
  3. robin

robin Forum Advisor

Sadik,

Thanks for your reply.I find your suggestions very helpful.
    Actually I want to do both(study and work) parallely.Some of my colleagues in my company suggested MBA as it would be easy for me to concentrate on both at a time.What do you think ?

4. cqureshi

cqureshi Guest

i am also interested in higher studies....initially i thought for an mba program...but my profile wasn't very good..so i chose to go for mtech program...i am appearing for gate 2014...only two months left for gate..:( dunno how to start and which test series to join...although i visited a few sites on gate like madeeasy, gateforum, GyanPal.com...but still am confused. Plz suggest

5. crazyclementiam

crazyclementiam Active Member

Robin,
    u are already software engineer, so u just concentrate on studies which will gives more helpful for your career.. its try to join in any of best university in US which will helps u.. MS in USA in one of the top university will gives more helpful for u in your career..:p
    Clement crazy
    connected commerce