1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Config Migration

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by lberkefeld, Jun 16, 2009.

1. lberkefeld

lberkefeld Active Member

Hi I was hoping to get some advice around Config migration in UCM.

We have had our site built by an external vendor, and as such am probably not quite up on what is/isnt possible. From an outsider new to the product it seems quite a convoluted process to move changes between environments. Just wondering if what we have implemented is typical? Or if anyone has streamlined the process (pref using something out of the box rather than writing custom scripts etc).

For example. If we add new meta-data values in one environment, to get them to another environment we are creating a Configuration Template and Exporting a file. Logging on to the server, picking the file up and FTP to destination server where we import.

I'd have thought there would be a more streamlined process (like the Archiver auto-transfer etc)
  2. markH

markH Forum Advisor

Well i don't think there would be any other method other than what you are already doing. You could manually add the metadata values in the second environment if it's just a few.