1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

commit in when-validate-item work arounds pls

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by rajesh4851, Jul 24, 2013.

1. rajesh4851

rajesh4851 Active Member

Dear friends,
    I have similar problem. Pls give me some inputs to achive this result.

There is a multi record block in my form. When user tries to enter duplicate data in this block and tab out from the last field i.e. end_date then a pop-up should be raised.
    "This is duplicate record, you want to keep it?" It has 2 buttons, Yes or No.

When user clicks "Yes" button the data should be saved immediately(committed).
    Since i put this validation in when-validate-item of that end_date filed i can't use commit-form; Is there is any work around to achive this ? Pls suggest some ideas.

Regards,
    Raj

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

At a guess...it sounds like you have the WVI item level trigger firing...but you're not doing anything w/ the value. Hard to say unless you can post the code.

3. sambuduk

sambuduk Forum Advisor

Hi Rajesh,

Try in WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD.

Regards
    Sambasiva Reddy.K

4. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi,

You can work with what Samba tipped u of.

But, i'd still emphasize a li'l on whether u seriously and sensibly wanna commit at record level. Coz it'll fire database events every time u navigate out from any of the block records. The performance may be hampered and also data maintenance. Think about it ;)