1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Collaboration Projects security group query

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by pcstechucm, Jun 12, 2009.

1. pcstechucm

pcstechucm Active Member

Hello,

I have installed the Collaborative Projects component. When I create a Project by default it takes Projects as its security group & prj as accounts.

I want to add custom SG & accounts in my Projects.

any idea how to achieve this??

Thanks in Advance.

Santosh Rao.

2. markH

markH Forum Advisor

hi Santosh

COllaboration projects uses the file cabinet model for security that is project security group is a cabinet and individual projects are drawers. So users must have permission for the Projects security group in order to access Collaboration Manager functions and project accounts are assigned as sub-accounts to a top-level prj account. Each project account is of the format prj/PRJ0000001. In order for users to participate in collaboration projects, they must be assigned to the prj account.

So you cannot change this terminology. You can read the guide from this link

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/...tation/extras/user_guide_collab_srvr_10en.pdf

3. pcstechucm

pcstechucm Active Member

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply but I have a Oracle Demo VM (Base 5) in which when I am creating a Project I can choose any of the Content Server Security group & Accounts ..

I wonder how Oracle was able to achieve this .. the Main reason I posted this query.

Thanks & Regards,
    Santosh.