1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Collaboration Projects Do Not Work

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by guliflower, Apr 9, 2010.

1. guliflower

guliflower Active Member

Ettlingen, Germany
    Sorry for another question, but I am totaly confused. I was aiming to explore the functionality of Projects. So the CollaborationManger has been already installed on our UCM instance. What I did was just enabled it. Then I created a new project, added users. But the problems came into place:

At the project check in (New Content) there were supposed to appear two additional metadata fields:
    Collaboration Project and Selected Workflow, but they didn't. Then I went to Configuration Manager and found the xSelectedWorkflow field, which was by the way not enabled on the user interface. So I made it enabled and it finally appeared on the check-in page, but the button "Configure" (workflow) didn't work. Anyway, I tried to check-in a new content item and it didn't work, because !!!! "collaboration project has not been specified"!
    As I can assume it happened because I can't see the Collaboration Project field, therefore the content doesn't inherit value for this field and the workflow can not be selected.

Then I addressed the Collaboration Administration, User, Installation guides to find some hints. See below what I have checked:

1. I have checked the <install_dir>/<instance>/data/components/CollaborationManager/config.cfg file and found out that
    Seems to be OK

2. The installer sets up the following workflow configuration settings:
    Code (Text):

prjWizardWorkflowField= SelectedWorkflow
    (Enables content item routing in the Collaboration Manager, sets the workflow for the user routing and defines wf tokens.)
    - First of all the file name on the server was environment.cfg, i.e. without "l".
    - Secondly, the mentioned variables were added to the file but with #-sign, i.e.
    Code (Text):

#prjWizardWorkflowField= SelectedWorkflow
    I am not a programmer, but I guess that makes them as comments?

So what I did, I deleted the # symbols and restarted the server, but nothing has changed. :mad:

Please help me to find some hints, why it is all not working! Thanks a lot for any assistance!