1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Club-Oracle to be Upgraded!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements and Feedback' started by Sadik, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hello friends and members

I am very happy and pleased to announce that I have managed to put into motion the process for upgrading our club-oracle forums. The new upgrade will not be just an upgradation of the CMS system used to run this website but will introduce a host of new features. The planned features are:

New and clean User Interface.

While the forum functionality will remain the same, there will be a host of improvements towards user-friendliness.

Member Profiles

This is what I am most excited about. We are planning individual pages for all members, where they will be able to list their areas of expertise within Oracle technologies, post pictures, add friends etc. The current user pages are pretty basic, and we plan on giving them a major facelift.

New and Improved Articles section.

The current article section is very similar to forums in functionality. Hence we have users always posting their questions in article's sections. The upgraded website will contain a separate and improved article section which will make it impossible to confuse it with forums.

User Groups

One major let down currently is that while more than a couple of thousand people stop by our website everyday, there is little activity besides asking for solutions to problems. New features called Groups will be introduced which users can join. It also helps job seekers and recruiters if we have separate groups for DBAs, developers, ERP consultants etc.

FAQs

A new FAQ section which will explain to users how to use the various features of the website.

Blogs

This is an option available to us to host member blogs on the club-oracle.com. However I have not yet made up my mind whether this would be a useful value-addition for users or not. I would really like people's comments on this, whether they would like to see Blogs feature available to them or not.

These are just some of the features planned which I believe will take our Oracle Club a step further in being the best place for Oracle professionals to hang out.

I sincerely request all members to provide their feedback, suggestions on areas of improvement or what they would like to see.

If things go according to plan, we should have the all new website ready by 15th February. Keep a watch on this thread for updates on how things are shaping up.

In addition to the website upgrade and new features, the club is getting to a point where I would need people to take up Moderator positions to help in the functioning of the website. If people are interested and committed to helping the site, drop me a Private Message.

2. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

Hi Sadik, I am pretty happy with the current user interface, but i speak for only myself. Yes improvements can definitely be made.

I agree about the article section. Blogs I think, if we have the article section, we don't need blogs.

Also have dropped you a PM. check out.

3. Sadik

Hi apps_expert,

Have replied to your PM. Thanks for the feedback.

Huge changes are coming up, possibly by next week.

Regards

4. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Good News for Club Oracle members.

Hopefully there will be some more exciting contests in the forum in this new year !! :) .. Just like ongoing Reward policy.

5. Sadik

Yep, there will sure will be.... :)

Once we get the ball rolling with the new updates... Just one week to go! :D