1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Club-Oracle presents Rank Badges

Discussion in 'Site Announcements and Feedback' started by Sadik, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

The greatest asset of any forum are it's users. And we at Club-Oracle.com believe that our users should be rewarded for their time and effort. Club-Oracle.com presents Rank Badges

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1. What are Ranks?

Ranks are levels to which a user rises as he/she continues to contribute and take part in discussions in the forum. The rank heirarchy is Forum Advisor --> Forum Expert --> Forum Genius --> Forum Guru

2. How does one rise in ranks?

Initially when you a user registers, his title is Junior Member. Then,

50 Posts --> Advisor
    125 Posts --> Expert
    250 Posts --> Genius
    500 Posts --> Guru

3. What are the rewards?

The rewards are in the form of Amazon.com gift cards as follows:

As of 1st September 2010, the Amazon Gift Cards policy is discontinued.

Advisor --> $10 Gift Card
    Expert --> $25 Gift Card
    Genius --> $50 Gift Card
    Guru --> $100 Gift Card, plus Moderator privileges (if desired)

As of 01-MAY-2009, if you are in India, you can also avail Gift Vouchers from Shoppers Stop instead of Amazon. Secondly, if you prefer the reward in Cash, subject to administrative approval, we can send it to you via Paypal only.

Amazon Gift Cards are gift vouchers which will be sent to you by mail, once you attain a particular rank.

This reward policy is valid till XX XXX XXXX. After which there will be an administrative review of the policy.

Edit: 04-FEB-2010

The rewards offer is extended till August 2010. In August, Club-Oracle.com will turn 2 years old, hence new offers may be announced then.

4. How do I use a gift card?

Gift cards are like prepaid cards. You will need to create a free account with amazon.com. After you log-in, in your Accounts section, there is an option "Apply Gift card to your account". Once you have applied, the funds will be available to you for any purchase.

5. What are the conditions?

If a user is just making false posts to gain a user rank, by copying content or by continuously making one word/one line useless posts, he will be given a first warning and as a token punishment, he will be banned for one week. If he continues, he may be banned for life depending on administrative decision.

Additionally 80% of your posts need to be on Oracle related topics. Also Posts made in Introduce Yourself, Chit-Chat will not be counted.

6. Where will these badges appear?

As you can see these badges will appear next to your name on all your posts. We recommend that you also use the "Avatar" feature from your Home settings to display a personalized image on all your posts.

So friends, Keep a watchout on this thread, for any change in conditions, new announcements. And let's help out each other because it just got a little more rewarding!

Nidhi25, halim and subucm like this.
  2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Awesome! Club-Oracle really rocks... ok let me go back and find some useful notes to share ;) :D

3. debasisdas

debasisdas Active Member

I don't think post count should be the only paramter. It would be better if a combination of quantity and quality is considered.

4. Sadik

Actually You are right, but users who post simply to increase their post counts are easily identified and will be warned. And since we have strict spam policies (try posting a link!) users without actual oracle interests will not be motivated for long to continue.

5. sameer

sameer Forum Advisor

this is very nice, this makes participating in discussions even more interesting. I am looking forward to getting to 50 soon :)

6. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Happy Ne Year.

Is there any change in the Member gift Policies ? If so please update the club members.

7. Sadik

hi.. nopes! the member reward policy stands till 31st Dec 2009 as announced earlier

8. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Gee.. thanks for the shining badge and the gift buddy!

Not sure if i can call myself an expert with anything, just learning as much as i try to help..

cheers! :D

9. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Congrats Tyro !!!!

10. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Gee thanks :D

I have btw not bought anything from Amazon. Waiting to get to 250 so then i can add up and buy something major! ;)

11. Arju

Arju Forum Expert

Post count have a value in terms of forum perspective. Here the main idea is about discussion. It may be the wrong solution, may be simply thanks. Every post increase page hits and thus popularity increases of the forum as well as google listings.

12. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Yes Arju , You might be true.

Buth I afraid there is no such real alternative to count only the fruitful posts in the forum.

I have seen some forums where status of users will revised based on the response and rating of the OP. Even that is not the actual solution for this. Because there could be lots of instances where the person who posted good solution wont get a single response from OP (though he might be happy over the solution).

So I think , we should continue as we go. But any good alternative is appreciated.

13. Sadik

Actually Rajavu hit the point, the thing is that if we have a "thanks system" or "points system" it becomes unfair if the original poster forgets or doesn't bother. Through simple post counts one can have a decent (even if flawed) method.

14. subucm

subucm Guest

Hi Sadik,

The recognitions sound pretty cool, clear and motivating.

Thanks.
    - Subbu

15. Sadik

Hey Thanks... :)

16. vijay_apps

vijay_apps Guest

Very good !!!!!

17. oradev09

oradev09 Guest

hi,
    Thanks all for their valuable posts.

18. alconx

alconx Active Member

Thanks.
    But sharing knowledge to junior like me is more important.
    :D:D;);););););)
    heheheheh

19. camelia

camelia Active Member

Hey Oracle GURU,

Can you help me with SUPERSISION in Oracle and how is supposed to work?

Send me your answer to cameliahudson@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Camelia

20. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Dear Sadik ,

The Reward policy deadline is crossed (31st Dec 2009) . Any Plan yo extend the deadline ? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.