1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Club oracle member recognition program

Discussion in 'Site Announcements and Feedback' started by Sadik, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

What is the User Reputation Model?

For Club Oracle's Member Reputation Model we have adopted an industry best practice for online communities to formally recognize our exceptional support community members. This model places value placed on both community participation and sharing real-world expertise. Helping other community members meet challenges and develop their skills adds value to the entire community and provides community leaders with tangible gains beyond their increased point level.

How does the User Reputation Model work?

Club Oracle Forums Community has five member Ranks. Community members advance through these ranks by earning points through community activities such as creating articles, creating threads, answering threads, having your answers recognized as helpful and sharing knowledge documents.

What are Recognition Levels?

The recognition levels are:

[TABLE]Rank Name|Point Value
    Registered|0 - 999
    Advisor|1,000 - 2,499
    Expert|2,500 - 4,499
    Genius|4,500 - 6,999
    Guru|7,000+
    [/TABLE]

What is the Club Oracle Community Recognition Program?

The Club Oracle Community Recognition Program aligns with our User Reputation Model. By granting points for activities that build the community’s strength, this program rewards community members for their active participation, collaboration, and willingness to help others. Community members rise through the Rank levels by sharing knowledge and experience that helps other members solve problems and discover new capabilities. When you make a community contribution, you earn points that enhance your reputation within the community. At each level, you gain increased recognition of your skills from your peers.

What are the Benefits awarded for the Recognition Program?

We will be awarding badges which will appear on your posts within the forum which will display you status within the community. These Badges are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Also members who reach the Expert Rank and above will see no Advertisements on the site.

And Members who reach the Genius Rank and above are eligible for Moderator Rights on the site, which gives them the ability to edit other's posts, publish articles, ban users and many other features.

Do I start with any points?

Your points accumulate based on your activity in the community since the time you register on the site. View your current point level from the "Recognition" link in the navbar and also on details on how to earn more points and who are the Top Ranked Members.

How do I earn points?

You start earning points within the Club Oracle Forums Community as soon as you ask a question. You receive a higher level of points for replies that are helpful for another member’s question or for contributing knowledge documents because these activities strengthen the community and add value for all members. When a community member performs an activity, he or she will receive the associated point value.

The Detailed list of the current activities and the points associated with each can be seen from this link given below:

• How to Earn Points

Where do I find out how many points I have accumulated?

When you log into Club Oracle Forums Community, you will see your User Reputation Rank and the total points accumulated in addition to various other details on your own Profile Page on the Recognition Tab. This information also displays from the "Recognitions" link in the Top Navigation bar.

How can I accumulate the most points?

Activities that build and strengthen the community build your points more quickly. If you answer a question and the originator of the post provides positive feedback by marking your post as Helpful, you will gain additional points. Each time you share knowledge articles or documents you add additional points. Frequent, active participation steadily builds your reputation and points.

Can I lose points?

Maintaining a vibrant, collaborative, and helpful atmosphere of the communities that fosters a positive experience for all community members is our goal. To ensure a positive and productive experience, we have not implemented a negative points system for our members. However we reserve the right to deduct points or take other actions if a community member does not follow the Rules of Conduct or becomes disruptive to the community.

How do I provide positive feedback on an answer that someone provided for my question?

If you posed a question within the forums and you feel another community member has helped you, you can rate that response as helpful. You can do so by clicking on the Green plus symbol visible on the top right of every post. As members receive feedback on their contributions, system calculates the point values of these responses and updates the member profile point value.

Where can I see who are the experts in My Oracle Support Community?

You can see the community members with the highest points in the "Rankings Tab" from the "Recognitions" link in the top navigation bar. The same can be accessed from this link below:

• Top Member Rankings

These members gained their status through community activities, for example, contributing answers and documents that other members agreed were helpful and correct.

If you have any more questions, please post a reply to this thread.

Edit: 29-Sept-2010

Recignition Level Points Updated.

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

This is very fair +1, this should also motivate others to be part of the community!

3. M_Anas_O

M_Anas_O Forum Advisor

Where is my badge :)

4. M_Anas_O

M_Anas_O Forum Advisor

Thanks ...

5. Sadik

Lolz... :) Actually thanks to you... Spotted a Bug in the system, rectified now!

6. Sadik

Also about your other question, you can go to the Rankings Page and see how many points you have received from your friends joining whom you invited. (user referrals). Since we receive 10 points for each referral, we can make out how many of our friends joined.

But ya, as of now, we do not have a feature to show who joined and who didn't. That gives me a suggestion to implement it. Thanks... :)

7. M_Anas_O

M_Anas_O Forum Advisor

Actually I forgot whom I have invited till now...
    So need a list feature to see who has been invited and who has joined.

8. Sadik

Check your PM :)

9. M_Anas_O

M_Anas_O Forum Advisor

Another bug to be pointed out :

When I go to Recognitions --> Promotions tab, I see messages like

"
    Congratulations on reaching the Experience Level of Guru at Club-Oracle! We would like to thank you for your contribution to the community and reward you with an Guru Badge! Journey On...
    "

for all the groups .. expert, genius, guru ...

I didnt expect Promotions so early :)

10. Sadik

Really? I can't see that, so is that showing to only you... ? Could you post a screenshot please... :)

11. M_Anas_O

M_Anas_O Forum Advisor

Here it is ....

Recognitions_bug.jpg

12. Sadik

Hey but it is showing correctly for the different Groups, which are there... :)

13. M_Anas_O

M_Anas_O Forum Advisor

I repeat ,

Check the messages

14. Sadik

Haha actually i get your point, the messages were misleading. Though they were meant only for people in those groups and as it says as you are not in that group. But yeah, after consideration, i have got the messages removed.

15. malli_18arjun

malli_18arjun Active Member

Hi
    Very good idea for introducing the Club Oracle Member Recognition Program

Thanks
    Malli

16. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

cool.

One question.

Is this recognition program has any "Last Date" ? Is it ongoing process?

17. Sadik

Hi Rajavu, It's an ongoing process...

So anyone can overtake anyone else... I am looking at ways to improve this further. There are ideas for a new and improved design of the site too... I will let you know more when I have definite info!

18. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Nice to hear that a lot of stuffs to come soon.

Btw, as of this table, I am supposed to be a "Guru" by this time [​IMG]

[TABLE]Rank Name|Point Value
    Registered|0 - 999
    Advisor|1,000 - 2,499
    Expert|2,500 - 4,499
    Genius|4,500 - 6,999
    Guru|7,000+
    [/TABLE]

19. Sadik

Ah... Corrected. The software used to power the site has a few bugs. It is to correct these and largely to improve upon the User Interface that a new upgrade and look is planned. My primary goal is to make the design simplistic and uncluttered. At the moment I feel, the design is very cluttered. I will post a new Thread about changes planned later today in the announcements section.

20. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Thanks for the correction [​IMG]

I am eagerly waiting for the announcement on new design updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.