1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Club oracle has been upgraded!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements and Feedback' started by Sadik, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hello All

As you probably noticed, we have upgraded the site to a more modern and advanced software. Some of the new features are:

Alerts

Users will now receive alerts much like facebook for many of the forum activities, like when someone replies to a thread you created or if someone "likes" your post etc. This is so that your attention is engaged in content relevant to you.

Trophies and Points

The old system of Recognition and points was badly broken and members who were contributing were not receiving their due recognition etc. I am happy to announce that the new software has an achievement based rewards system known as trophies.

How it works?

Whenever members reach certain milestones they receive trophy points, and at certain points level, members are awarded the Forum Advisor, Forum Expert, Forum Genius and Forum Guru Badges.

Trophy points are received for when you:
    • Make a certain number of posts
    • Receive a certain number of likes
    • Upload a certain number of documents
    • Have spent a certain number of weeks / months on the forum
    To see the full list of trophy points, visit the Trophies Help Page.

New Document Section

We now have a brand new document section where all the documents have been imported. The new system allows us to do cool things like
    • Upload Different versions of same document
    • Review and rate documents
    in addition to robust control features.

As you are probably aware, duplicate documents is an epidemic here and over the next coming days the new system will allow me to analyze duplicate documents and possibly merge or delete the duplicates.

New Profile Page

You now have a cool profile page, where you can have personal discussions, comments etc. Just click on your username and you will see.

Zero Posters Deleted

To get rid of the hundreds of spam registrations we had accumulated over the years, I have deleted all the accounts which have never posted here and have never uploaded a document.

If you had not posted a message here or not uploaded a document, your account has been deleted.

Please create a new account in that case. Also in the future to make sure that your account does not get deleted, please either post at least one message (a "Hello" does not hurt) or post a useful document.

========================

There are many other small and big improvements implemented already as well as in the process of implementation. I will make further announcements as some of the new stuff gets ready and implemented.

With this update, we hope to become the top destination for oracle related discussions outside of your official company / metalink accounts. If you have suggestions / feedback please reply to this thread.

- Sadik

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Sadik,

The new look was excellent and easy to access.

Isaac Goyzueta likes this.
  3. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

If we can place searching option in the documents section that would be helpful. And also in the each members account under resources we can see the documents, so in this section too searching option would be useful to search them to avoid duplicate documents. If we have this kind of searching options, then we can avoid some duplicate documents by searching the new documents before uploading.

Isaac Goyzueta likes this.
  4. shriganesh

shriganesh Active Member

Hi Sadik,

Nice to see new upgraded site. its very good and easy to access.
    Thanks for your work.

Regards,
    shrignesh.

Isaac Goyzueta and Sadik like this.
  5. sambuduk

sambuduk Forum Advisor

It's really looking nice...

Isaac Goyzueta and Sadik like this.
  6. shareefirfan

shareefirfan Forum Advisor

It looks nice and user friendly. Thanks.,

Sadik likes this.
  7. clarence

clarence Active Member

Hi Sadik,

Nice new looking site, and doing away with the duplicate documents will improve it even more.

8. Sadik

We are working on it. Plans are afoot to develop a duplicate documents search and merge feature. It will happen in the next couple of weeks.!

9. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Good Looking.

10. krishnanlr

krishnanlr Active Member

Dear Friends,

It is A text books of SCM of oralce apps r12

rgds
    krishna

Attached Files:

11. erp.narendrag

erp.narendrag Forum Expert

Hi Sadik,

It looks nice and user friendly.
    While uploading the Resource, If you can give the option to enter source of the document/author it will be very useful.

Sadik likes this.
  12. Sadik

Krishna, please post in Documents in the documents section.

13. EtaJude

EtaJude Newly Initiated

Hello everyone! Progress being made.... Thumbs up to those involve

Sadik likes this.
  14. shareefirfan

shareefirfan Forum Advisor

Sadiq,

It's really looks great. But waiting time for downloading documents is 5 mins....o_O. I think it is bit high.

Thanks,
    Irfan.

15. ocprep

ocprep Forum Advisor

Sadik:

I like the look and feel of the new site, but I predict one recurring problem the way it is configured now. The section for creating 'Knowledge Sharing Articles' is more prominent than the section for creating Discussions. People are going to post questions in the article section as it stands now.

I just replied to a question posted about a cursor error that had been posted in there. I accessed the question via the 'Latest Topics' links at the right-hand side of the page and didn't even realize what the OP had done until afterward. The first time I saw the site, I also confused the 'SQL PL/SQL' in the Articles section with the one in the Discussion section, so I see how newbies would do so. Since this site has a constant flow of first posters, you'll be hitting this issue continually.

If nothing else, I think you probably want to put the Articles section below the Discussion section on the main page if this is possible.

shareefirfan and Sadik like this.
  16. RG Hegde

RG Hegde Forum Advisor

Now the look and Feel is simply Superb...!!!

Sadik likes this.
  17. Pedro Garcia

Pedro Garcia Newly Initiated

I couldn't see the old look but this one is very nice, so great job there!

18. Sadik

Hey Mathew. Many thanks for your feedback.

You are absolutely right. As a quick fix I have changed the order now. The Questions section is above the articles section now.

The articles "inside" the forums is actually a temporary solution. I am looking to expand the site to also have a dedicated articles section with proper article authoring features. However to roll that out, I would have had to wait a considerable more time to push this update.

I just decided to temporarily house the articles inside the forum threads for now. Once the articles manager (it is under development) is completed, I will have that added to the site which will move the articles from the forums.

19. Sadik

I wish it were less. Hosting a site on high end servers and premium bandwith is very expensive. Given the popularity of the site and the number of downloads we get, it was an option between downgrading our servers and offering poor service or putting restrictions.

If you upgrade to premium membership (it's a one time, one year expense), there are no restrictions.

20. Sadik

Deleted last few posts. Please keep your replies on-topic.