1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Club-Oracle.com is now Live after Upgrade

Discussion in 'Site Announcements and Feedback' started by Sadik, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hello Everyone,

I am very very happy and excited to announce that we have now successfully completed the shift to a brand new and highly advanced platform. The site now boasts of state of the art best modern features for it's members. While the upgrade took longer than I expected, I am very happy with the results.

So what's new?

Clean and Simple UI

The look of the site has undergone a sea change to look both stylish and simple. However I must issue a disclaimer here that if you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may face issues. That is because Internet Explorer 6 is a 10 year old and outdated browser which does not support modern technology. I would highly recommend using Firefox or Google Chrome.

Articles

Now all our articles are moved to the new articles management system. While the article creation process is very simple and straightforward, I will be writing another thread to explain the process with screenshots.

Groups

Groups are common places where people with similar interests can meet. The idea is to have a common place where you can meet fellow DBAs, developers or consultants in the inetrest of networking with each other.

Profiles

User Profile pages have been redone so that you can have your own corner within Club-Oracle. You can even link to your profile here from your blog or Orkut/Facebook profile as the url is simply www.club-oracle.com/members/your-username

So, what's Next

There are many upcoming contests and competitions that we have planned. To begin with, I will be announcing an exciting Article Competition in another fortnight. So wait and watch!!!

Don't forget to invite your fellow colleagues and friends to our humble Oracle Club!

And if you face any problems, glitches using the site, please post your problem in the Site Feedback forum.

Regards
    Sadik

sreddy21 likes this.
  2. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

Hello Sadik,

Firstly a heartfelt congratulations. I am aware from our chat how much time and money this has cost. Your passion is very praiseworthy.

The site looks brilliant. I am using it now so will provide feedback as I get used to it.

3. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Hi Sadik,

My hearty congratulations !!!!!!

I was eagerly waiting for the upgrade to complete. Forum now looks simply brilliant.

All the very best ....:hurray:hurray:hurray

4. Sadik

Thanks for the feedback Raj and apps_expert! :D :D

I am continuously working on improvements right now.

Let me know if you have any suggestions...

5. sreddy21

sreddy21 Guest

Hi Sadik,

Heartly congratulations!!

All the best
    thanks

6. Sadik

Thanks sreddy! :D

7. mohinder_mps

mohinder_mps Guest

I am very happy to join this new forum.