1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Cloning ORACLE_HOME

Discussion in 'Installation - Windows' started by prashant, Jan 19, 2009.

1. prashant

prashant Forum Advisor

Hi,

I need to apply 11.1.0.7 patchset on 11.1.0.6 version running on Dataguard(1 physical standby). In the Oracle twp(technical white paper) it asked me to clone the new home using the following 2 steps and apply patchset to the new ORACLE_HOME.

1. Copy all existing home files to new home.
    2. Running clone.pl (perl script) with the required arguments.
    3. Apply patchet 11.1.0.7 to new home.

I did all the above mentioned steps sucessfully. But i faced a problem in the next step where it says i need to point my existing setup to new home and start DBUA(upgrade assistant).

Can anyone tell me how to explicitly point the existing setup to new ORACLE_HOME? All i did was set the appropriate ORACLE_HOME environment variable and ran DBUA pointing it to new home. But it fails during upgrade saying something like "unable to bring up oracle service ORCL, please bring up the service manually". When i tried to bring it up manually it gave error
    "procedure entry point x10dfp could not be located at dynamic link library oraclient11.dll".

Please suggest if anyone has any idea about this one.

Regards,
    Prashant

2. simply_dba

simply_dba Forum Advisor

Have you set the other env variables like LD_LIBRARY_PATH, NLS_10 etc ?

Also, Is your database sid named ORCL ?

3. prashant

prashant Forum Advisor

Thank you for your reply..

Yes my Database name is ORCL. I have only set ORACLE_HOME LD_LIBRARY_PATH in environment variables of windows. I have not set NLS_10. What value should i set this variable to?

Regards,
    Prashant

4. simply_dba

simply_dba Forum Advisor

Sorry about that ORA_NLS10. May not be applicable here. Try out the following steps in cmd and see if it works out.