1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

"checkOutAndOpen component brings Microsoft Word document up as read-only"

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by angelfoe, Mar 18, 2011.

1. angelfoe

angelfoe Active Member

Hello , i have this problem, i am using UCM 10g last version , witch URM , and i install the component" Check Out and Open " but now i open the document in word the UCM brings Microsoft Word document up as read-only in the fisrt time , in the secund time open ok.
    But i clean the internet files ( cookies ) the problem is again. open read only.
    have you been seen this ?

2. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

When the document is opened as read-only, is it marked as checked out on the Content Server? Can you locate the file and verify that it is read-only?

Also, are you running Desktop Integration Suite, or just using the web browser interface?

3. angelfoe

angelfoe Active Member

Yes when the document is opened as read-only , in the content server show checked.
    i find the file in the server there its ok , not show read only , if i closed the file and open again it open ok
    iam use the web browser interface

4. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

This issue is being researched within Oracle, so I'll leave it at that. Your customer service rep knows everything that development knows at this point.

5. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

I got the word that this was fixed by installing all of the latest components.

Sadik likes this.