1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

CHECKIN_UNIVERSAL service

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by krish7, Jun 23, 2009.

1. krish7

krish7 Active Member

Hi all...

I am trying to use the CHECKIN_UNIVERSAL service to checkin a copy of an existing document.
    Can you help me resolve the following error message?

Unable to execute service CHECKIN_UNIVERSAL and function populateMissingDocumentValues.
    (System Error: Invalid characters in the number '94"'.)
    [ Details ]
    The service stack for this request is --CHECKIN_UNIVERSAL (dID=94",dDocName=777) intradoc.data.DataException: !csNumberInvalidCharacters,94" at intradoc.jdbc.JdbcQueryUtils.appendParam(JdbcQueryUtils.java:330) at intradoc.jdbc.JdbcQueryUtils.buildQuery(JdbcQueryUtils.java:173) at intradoc.jdbc.JdbcWorkspace.buildQuery(JdbcWorkspace.java:761) at intradoc.jdbc.JdbcWorkspace.createResultSet(JdbcWorkspace.java:699) at intradoc.server.DocServiceHandler.populateMissingDocumentValues(DocServiceHandler.java:1536) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585) at intradoc.common.IdcMethodHolder.invokeMethod(ClassHelperUtils.java:466) at intradoc.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodReportStatus(ClassHelperUtils.java:142) at intradoc.server.ServiceHandler.executeAction(ServiceHandler.java:77) at intradoc.server.Service.doCodeEx(Service.java:490) at collections.CollectionUserHandler.populateMissingDocumentValues(CollectionUserHandler.java:1086) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585) at intradoc.common.IdcMethodHolder.invokeMethod(ClassHelperUtils.java:466) at intradoc.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodReportStatus(ClassHelperUtils.java:142) at intradoc.server.ServiceHandler.executeAction(ServiceHandler.java:77) at intradoc.server.Service.doCodeEx(Service.java:490) at intradoc.server.Service.doCode(Service.java:472) at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doAction(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1353) at intradoc.server.Service.doAction(Service.java:452) at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1194) at intradoc.server.Service.doActions(Service.java:447) at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.executeActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1114) at intradoc.server.Service.executeActions(Service.java:433) at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doRequest(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:635) at intradoc.server.Service.doRequest(Service.java:1707) at intradoc.server.ServiceManager.processCommand(ServiceManager.java:359) at intradoc.server.IdcServerThread.run(IdcServerThread.java:197)

Is there another way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

HI Krish, how exactly are you trying to execute this service, through a service call within your code or through the browser?

And do you have the ZipRenditionManagement component installed? If yes, try upgrading to the latest version of ZipRenditionManagement component.

3. krish7

krish7 Active Member

Hi Sadik

I am using the service call within my code.The ziprenditionmanagement component is also installed. But doesnt work either.

Also, how does it work if it was through the browser?
    Do you have some idea how I should proceed?

Thanks again

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Actually the culprit "seems" to be the ziprenditionmanagement component. Do you have the latest version? You should search metalink for the latest version of this component and install it. That might solve your problem.

And your service can be called from within the URL like most other services in UCM. Whenever you are clicking somewhere, chances are it's linking to a service call.

5. krish7

krish7 Active Member

I have got the new version of ziprendition as well. But doesnt work.

I tried to use the URL way as you suggested, but it still gives me the same error.

Code (Text):
    <$HttpCgiPath$>?IdcService=CHECKIN_UNIVERSAL&dDocAuthor=<$dDocAuthor$>&dDocTitle=<$dDocTitle$>&dDocType=<$dDocType$>&dSecurityGroup=<$dSecurityGroup$>&primaryFile="<$HttpCgiPath$>?IdcService=GET_FILE&dID=<$dID$>"&doFileCopy=1'
    Am I doing it the right way?I am trying to make a copy of a particular existing item in UCM and so am using the GET_FILE service this way. Is it right? Can you suggest some way for this?

Thanks as always for your valuable comments.

6. PowerPaul86

PowerPaul86 Active Member

Hi there,

don't know if that helps but I got a solution for using the CHECKIN_UNIVERSAL service with php and nusoap.

Code (Text):
    require_once "lib/nusoap.php";
    $soap = new soapclient($page['UCM_wsdl_url'],
    array(
            'login' => $stellentuser,
            'password' => $stellentuserpwd
    ));
    $result = $soap->CheckInUniversal(array(
                                            'dDocAuthor'=>$stellentuser,
                                            'dDocTitle'=>$page['title'],
                                            'dSecurityGroup'=>$page['stellent_secgroup'],
                                            'dDocAccount'=>$page['stellent_konto'],
                        'dInDate'=>date("d.m.y H:i"),
                                            'dDocType'=>$page['stellent_docType'],
                                            'doFileCopy'=>'1',
                                            'dDocFormat'=>'image/png',
                                            'primaryFile'=>array(
                                                    'fileName'=>$page['title'],
                                                    'fileContent'=>$content)
    ));
    I attached the whole php file and posted it on pastebin here:
    http :// pastebin. org /28

sorry for the blanks but i it seems i need more posts to post urls

Attached Files:

krish7 likes this.
  7. Gowtham

Gowtham Guest

This might be an old question, but to help those who come across similar question:

The better approach for 'One Click' copy content/document(Including Primary/alternative files and Metadata)

-- Create your own service which accepts dDocName, dID as parameters.
    -- Get the Metadainformation from DB or by using DOC_INFO serverice.
    -- Build Physical file path by using metadata fields like dDocType, dDocAccount and dDocName etc.
    -- Get the file from the file system by using above dynamically built path.
    -- Create a copy of this file in temp folder.
    -- Use the service CHECKIN_UNIVERSAL with parameters as metadata fetched above and Primary file created.
    -- Execute the service and send the response to calling program via Databinder.

Hope this would be useful.

Gowtham

Sadik likes this.