1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Changing from Standard to Actual Costing model

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by edggie, Feb 14, 2014.

1. edggie

edggie Guest

Hey folks, I'm a BA on an Oracle ERP eBusiness suite implementation that's going well for the most part. Prior to me joining the team it was decided (among other things) to design the system around the "standard cost" inventory model. Here in lies my issue. The Enterprise (the Company) is made up of several Business Units each with good reason to operate based on either "standard cost" or "actual cost". What would be the impacts to the overall system by running two costing methods (different for each business unit)? What kind of work effort is required to change our current design (standard cost model) into a hybrid (both stand and average model)?

We've been quoted a price to do the work that I feel is exorbitant and would like to hear from anyone that's gone through something similar or is currently running a similar eBusiness ERP system.