1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Change the size of MEMO field on UCM

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by tejalmistry, May 13, 2009.

1. tejalmistry

tejalmistry Active Member

Hi All,
    I would like to know how to change the size of the memo field.
    On metalink one solution is given which says I need to add one variable in the General Configuration section like "MemoFieldSize=xxxx", where xxxx is the value you'd like to set for the new size. And then I need to change the size of the column within the database edit the "DOCMETA" table within the database used by the content server. Increase the size of the custom field column within the "DOCMETA" table to match the value you entered in the configuration file.
    Apparantely it is not working for me. When I'm adding the variable in the General Configuration my server stops running and I'm not able to find any table with the name DOCMETA in database under my schema.
    Please help

Thanks....

2. imsean

imsean Active Member

Docmeta not there?? lol that's not possible. I suggest you do it the other way around. Login to your database as the UCM user. Alter the table docmeta and then add the configuration entry in the server config and restart the CS. That should do it.

3. tejalmistry

Hi imsean,
    I can see the docmeta table now but the only problem is whaterver variable i have added in my configuration section on UCM server that variable is not getting reflected on docmeta table.

4. markH

markH Forum Advisor

no you have to do ttwo things

1. change the variable in config
    2. Alter the docmeta table in the database for the memo's column with the new size

5. tejalmistry

Mark u mean to say I can give any name to d variable which I'm going to add in the Configuration section right?and then need to change the size of the memo field only on the database?
    I've already added the variable in the configuration section. On the Database in DOCMETA table however that variable is not present which is correct right?

6. markH

markH Forum Advisor

Ok Here's the dummy's guide to increase Memo size in Oracle UCM assuming that you want to increase the size of Comments Box.

1. Login to your oracle database as UCM user with SQL Plus or Toad
    2. Alter table Docmeta with the following code
    Code (SQL):
    ALTER TABLE docmeta
    MODIFY(xcomments VARCHAR2(4000 CHAR));
    Now Part ||

1. Login to Oracle UCM as sysadmin
    2. Click on Administration
    3. Click on Admin Server
    4. A Button is displayed with your Content Server name.
    5. Click on that Button.
    6. Click on "General Configuration"
    7. In the "Additional Configuration Variables" Box, type the following
    Code (Text):

MemoFieldSize=XXX

8. Replace XXX in the above code by the size in bytes desired. The maximum would be 4000.
    9. Click on "Save"
    10. Restart Content Server.

Lo and Behold!!! your memo size would have changed!!!

tejalmistry likes this.
  7. tejalmistry

Hi Mark
    thanks a lot..yes it does work for me..:hurray
    thanks once again