1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Change GL Calendar.

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by yingsras, Dec 18, 2012.

1. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Hi All,

Is there anyone used to work on changing GL Calendar? I'm working on this big task and need your suggestions.
    I've already done on the setup. Now I'm going to do the test.
    I'm testing by entering the transactions to all relevant modules and transfer to GL. I would like to know if you ever faced any issue while testing.
    Is there anything special that we should not miss to test? And is there anything that we should do carefully?
    If you have any idea, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Ying

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Ying,

Can you please tell some details like what changes have you done on GL Calendar and so on? By that we can explore on that.

3. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Hi Bharat,

I have changed the calendar period on Oracle Form,
    Current calendar is 1-JAN-2012 to 31-JAN-2012 and 31-DEC-2012 to 31-DEC-2012 is adjust period (I'm using 13 periods)
    And I would like to change GL calendar to 1-APR-2013 to 31-MAR-2014.

What I have done on the next year calendar are defining 3 regular periods (JAN-13 to MAR-13) and defining the 10 adjust periods (31-MAR-13 to 31-MAR-13 for 10 periods).
    Then defined the periods for the next year which the first period run from 1-APR-13 to 31-MAR-14.

Here is the Doc Id that I followed 102460.1

Thanks,
    Ying