1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Change Default Directory For Concurrent Request Outputs

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by mturnbull, Feb 25, 2011.

1. mturnbull

mturnbull Active Member

Hello
    Concurrent requests are saved into a specific directory. What is the easiest way to get the output of a concurrent request into a different directory (or save one copy in default directory and one copy in custom directory)?
    Using Oracle Apps 11.5.10.2 on Linux
    Regards, Martin

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Martin,

The following is from Metalink Note No: ID 158088.1

Basically what that means is that The concurrent manager first looks for the environment variable $APPLCSF. If this is set, it creates a path using two other environment variables: $APPLLOG and $APPLOUT. It places log files in $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG and output files go in $APPLCSF/$APPLOUT.

So for example, if you have this environment set:

$APPLCSF = /u01/appl/common
    $APPLLOG = log
    $APPLOUT = out

The concurrent manager will place log files in /u01/appl/common/log, and output files in /u01/appl/common/out Note that $APPLCSF must be a full, absolute path, and the other two are directory names. If $APPLCSF is not set, it places the files under the product top of the application associated with the request. So for example,

a PO report would go under $PO_TOP/$APPLLOG and $PO_TOP/$APPLOUT
    Logfiles go to: /u01/appl/po/9.0/log
    Output files to: /u01/appl/po/9.0/out

3. mturnbull

mturnbull Active Member

Hi Sadik
    I understand where the files are placed by default. The requirement I have is to be able to save a copy of a specific concurrent request program output into a specific directory. Is there anything I can do (ideally within the application) to achieve this?