1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Change content type on all content

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by mikael, Oct 22, 2009.

1. mikael

mikael Active Member

Hi!

I would like to change the content type for all the documents in UCM.

I've tested to change ddoctype in the revisions table to the new content type for all the documents.

Now I've started the rebuild of the index because looking at the Content Information Page for each content everything looks ok but when searching on the new Content type the system doesn´t return any documents.

Later today I'll see if that fixed the problem.

Anyone has got any ideas if this is the correct procedure or if this should be done in any other way?

Regards,
    Mikael

Edit:
    Re-indexing just finished and it seems to work like I thought.
    But if anyone has got any input or another way of changing Content Type en masse, please give me your thoughts.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

no, unless you want to updatte every content manually, there isn't any other option. You did it exactly as it should.

3. egyfantom

egyfantom Active Member

of course you can
    1-run archiver
    2-from export data tab , choose query and build query for all documents you need to change its type,and check export revisions ... and allow export of publish ..... check boxes .
    3- from import maps tab , choose value maps , and select input as your type you need to change , and output as new type
    4- run export and choose delete all revisions
    5- import with the same again .

4. mikael

mikael Active Member

Thanks egyfantom, that is how I finally solved it. It was easier than I thought. It is also possible to change security group and map other attributes this way.