1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Change account in Asset Category

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by yingsras, Nov 29, 2013.

1. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Hello

I have a problem about changing Asset Cost account and Accumulated Depreciation account for an Asset Category.
    All assets in this category has been depreciated. So the Asset Cost account and Accumulated Depreciation account for this category are not allow to change.

Could you please advise how to deal with this problem?
    I'm thinking about creating a new category. So the new asset will not have problem with the account.
    But for the existing assets that are depreciated. I am not sure about them. Is reclassification is the correct way for the existing assets?

Regards

2. Debasheesh

Debasheesh Guest

Hi,

You can't able to change the accounting information given by you with respect cost and accumulated depreciation once the asset is depreciated.

It is better to create a new category.

3. Anant Danve

Anant Danve Active Member

Hi

Once you create Asset under any Asset Catagory the Edit option gets freez, in such case you may create new Catagory with corrected accounting fields and then change the the asset catagory ( from Asset workbenz window_Open)
    Then run "Calculate gain loss Program" you asset account will get updated.

Regards

Anant Danve