1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Certification Benefit

Discussion in 'Training and Certification' started by pankaj, Apr 3, 2015.

1. pankaj

pankaj Active Member

Hi All ,

I am working as a Functional Consultant in a big indian IT firm . I want to make a job switch . Currently i am working in a oracle financials support project looking modules like FA , AR and AGIS in mix of R12 and 11i . Can anyone please guide me for the job switch . I am planning for certifications assuming that it will help me to change the job .I have total 4.5 years of work exp out of which only 3 years is Oracle APPS and only 9 months in Oracle Financials . Seniors please guide .

Thanks In Advance
    Regards,

2. ocprep

ocprep Forum Advisor

Look on the Oracle certification website at the certifications that seem to cover the areas you want to move into. Devote some time to looking at the topics lists for several certifications that you think might be geared towards your desired career shift.

Assuming you decide one (or more) of the certifications is focused on the areas you want to move into, use the Oracle documentation and any other legitimate sources (i.e. NOT brain dumps) to learn as much as possible about the topics covered by the exam. The more you know about your chosen technology, the more valuable you are to companies.

All too many people pursuing certifications use brain dumps to prepare for exams. No one learns from brain dumps. It is only a way to fake knowledge. Trying to advance your career by faking knowledge you don't really have is stupid -- especially if you already have relevant work experience.