1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Carrer change to sales/presales

Discussion in 'Interview Discussions' started by johnfredy17, Aug 25, 2016.

1. johnfredy17

johnfredy17 Newly Initiated

Hello everyone!

I have 6 years of experience in Risk Consulting in an important firm in my country. I studied computer science and I did well in projects related to Information Security, Fraud Investigations and Forensic Technology.

Right know, I would like to change my career from a profile oriented to the control and risk management, to a more creative and proactive profile. I do no want to be part of the people who keeps looking at the past but to the future and helping others to do so. I think Sales/Presales jobs match these criteria.

For these kind of jobs, I think I learn the tools and the concepts quickly I am skilled at the human side of the consulting, like listening to customers, analyzing the problems in an holistic approach, doing great presentations, defining prices.

I applied for several sales related roles in Oracle, but I think they are not considering my profile. I did not receive any feedback.

I would like to ask you, Is Oracle looking for a different profile that does not match mine? Am I too experienced to start a career in sales?

Any insight would be very appreciate it.