1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Cannot update Payment Documents after set Bank Account to use Netting

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by yingsras, May 24, 2012.

1. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Hi everyone,

I set the Netting Account on Bank Account to Yes. But when I back to Bank Account again for updating the Payment Document, the button is disabled. I need this Bank Account for Netting payment and standard payment. I don't want to separate it to 2 Bank Accounts. Is there anyway to setup? or this is the Oracle Standard?
    Could you please advise?

Thanks,
    Ying

2. money3388

money3388 Active Member

Hi Yang

You can reference Meta Link note "R12:payment Documents Are Proposed For A Netting Bank Account [ID 959420.1] "

yingsras likes this.
  3. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Ying,

Netting Bank account is a dummy bank account for which you do not need payable documents because you are not making any actual payments. You are basically setting off payables against receivables and then finally paying off the difference.

The cash account you specify for this is a dummy account created in GL called Netting Control account. Hence you need to get your concept clear.
    The entire cycle is uploaded here in the docs section.
    cheers
    Ramji

Conclusion: std functionality

yingsras likes this.
  4. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Hi All,

Thank you for your information . I thought I can use the existing bank to be the Netting Bank but I was wrong.. So I have to create a dummy bank for Netting.

Thanks,
    Ying