1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Cannot change vat code on order line on 11i

Discussion in 'Oracle CRM' started by yingsras, Jan 7, 2013.

1. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Hi All,

I'm having a problem on creating Sale Order.
    Tax Code is default of order line. But I would like to change to another Tax Code.
    But I got this error

You are not allowed to update Tax Code because User is not priviledged to make changes to Tax Code

I'm working on 11i and I'm not sure if there's any setup that specific user for enter the tax code on sale order.
    Could you please advise?

Thanks,
    Ying

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

In general we set tax details at customer level and in sales order its going to take the tax details from customer level itself.

"Order Line: The field Tax Code in the Order Line has been renamed to Tax Classification Code. The field Tax Group is no longer used. When the profile option EBTAX: Allow Override of Tax Classification Code is set to Yes, you can enter values in the Tax Classification Code field." Found in Oracle Order Management User's Guide (User's Guide Link)

Note: - Search on this profile option and try to assign it to "Yes". May be in 11i we don't find same profile option but it may varies because in 11i we used that field as Tax Code and in R12 we changed it to "Tax Classification Code".

3. Bharat

Hi Ying,

Is your problem solved ?? Have you checked that profile options in your instance ? Hope the solution works for you.

4. Bharat

Hi Ying,

Can you please update on this issue.