1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Can we create Discrete Job Order without Bill of Material?

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by swapnilmehar, Apr 19, 2012.

1. swapnilmehar

swapnilmehar Active Member

Hi,

I am creating new manufacturing set up, where I want to complete the Discrete Job Order, but don't want to define any Bill of material. In my case Finished good is Aggregate/ Stone chips & raw material is Spoll (Big pieces of rocks excavated from Mines). Since we don't take Spoll into stock I'll not be able to issue spoll to Job Order. Please suggest how to go ahead with this.

Regards,
    Swapnil

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Swapnil,

Of course you can do a discrete Job . Just make sure you lock the door and the curtains are firmly on the windows LOL!!!!!!!!!

Jokes apart hope some SCM Guru can help you.
    cheers
    Ramji

swapnilmehar and Bharat like this.
  3. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi swapnil,

Ya ofcourse you can do Discrete job with out doing Bills of Material to your items. But here you need to do routings before doing Discrete job. Then if you don't want to make stock of your items in inventory then change sub-inventory to floorstock. Then later on you can move that stock to other sub-inventory as you needed according to your requirements.

4. the pooh

the pooh Guest

Hi..

In your case, you should use misc receipt (inventory), dont use work order. because in work order we must assign BIll for generated material requirement for the assembly.

or you can use Non standard Job that can we complete without material requirement.

Hope this help..

Best regards,
    the pooh

swapnilmehar likes this.
  5. swapnilmehar

Hi Bharat,
    I tried one job order without BOM, am able to complete job order.

"Then if you don't want to make stock of your items in inventory then change sub-inventory to floorstock. Then later on you can move that stock to other sub-inventory as you needed according to your requirements. " I didnt' understood this part can you elaborate.
    Thanks,
    Swapnil

6. Bharat

As you said above statement I said that do job with sub-inventory with floor stock and then when-ever you needed this item do transaction from that sub-inventory to your required sub-inventory.

Have you created resources and departments before doing routings for finished good. Please let us know the details what you did by that we can help you as you needed.

7. swapnilmehar

Hi,
    I have created resources & departments before creating Routing.
    But the issue here is the site in which production is being carried out, customer dont maintain any stock there. they are carrying out manufacturing on One 2 One basis i.e. they have subcontacted the whole process. Only Machinery required for manufacturing is owned by customer,
    Thanks
    Swapnil

8. Bharat

Hi swapnil,

Can you please elaborate your requirement like what are the items you are using, what you are intended to do. Iam not clear about your requirement.

9. swapnilmehar

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your reply. The issue is resolved.

Regards,
    Swapnil

10. Bharat

Dear swapnil,

Thats great job. Please post what you have done to overcome your problem. That helps others to learn.

11. swapnilmehar

Hi Bharat,

Actually I've not done anything. Customer decided not to go ahead with Mfg setup since, they're planning to give that mfg facility to outside party.

Thanks & Regards,
    Swapnil

12. Bharat

Okay that's good idea.