1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Can we change the COA structure, calendar and Multi Org structure while upgrading

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by fin_mate@yahoo.com, Dec 11, 2012.

1. fin_mate@yahoo.com

fin_mate@yahoo.com Active Member

I am working on upgrade project and i have a querry on upgrading...

1. Can we alter COA structure while upgrading like adding OR deleting segments to the existing structure
    2. Can i change my calendar type and number of periods
    3. can i re organize my multiorg structure like adding or merging LE, OU and INV

can anyone please share me your thoughts..

Thanks in advance...

2. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Hi

1. You can add new segments to COA structure. I used to change COA structure while upgrading by adding the segments. What did I do were changing COA structure and then updating the account id for all transactions.
    2. I'm not sure if it can be changed the period type while upgrading.
    The calendar which is setup for ledger cannot be changed.
    Here are the information for changing calendar.
    http://itsafeature.com/how-to-change-gl-calendar-without-reimplementing-your-oracle-financials/
    http://oraclefinancial.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/general-ledger-calendar-faq/
    3. I think we can add LE, OU, INV but for merging, I don't have the experience on that.
    Maybe the guru on this forum can give you more information on your questions.

Thanks,
    Ying

3. fin_mate@yahoo.com

fin_mate@yahoo.com Active Member

Thanks a lot Ying.. :)
    Could you please share me any documentation you have on COA change like how we update the CCIDs and later process.
    And also could you pls share me the assessment questionnaire on Upgrade Vs Re-Implementation.
    Lets assume my client is on 11.5.10.2 and iam doing the assessment..
    what sort of list of questions we can ask which leads to suggest either Upgrade OR Re-Implementation. If you have the questionnaire, could you please share with me on my mail id.. Looking forward for your reply.
    Once again lots of thanks for your reply...