1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Can Debian OS bases system access OAS (Forms services) on Windows

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by babytux, Aug 20, 2009.

1. babytux

babytux Active Member

Hi all,
    newbie to oracle world. Want to know have anyone installed Oracle on Windows based machine and then tried to access form services using a Linux OS, especially a Debian based OS. If yes, please let me know the required packages to be installed on the Client ie Debian based OS and also let me know if I have to make changes in configuration file at server end.

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

If you are saying that the database is on windows and forms server is installed on Debian then yes it should be possible. But it's impossible to tell which packages you need from the info you gave.

3. babytux

babytux Active Member

Hi tryo,
    Well sorry for short information. Well Database and Form server both exists on Windows server. Debian OS is used only to access the form service. Firefox on Debian is used to access the forms service. for example, you can refer followingl link:

http<colon>216.205.79.243<colon>7778forms90/f90servlet?config=dcam_prod

4. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Well that means you basically have a windows server and a Debian client machine. If you are connected to LAN and have the required JDK installed there is no reason why you can't access the forms service. If you aren't able to, it's most probably some kind of network issue. I suggest you ask you office IT staff to look into it.

5. babytux

babytux Active Member

Thanks tyro for the information. One more information I would like to add here: When Client is Redhat based distro's like Redhat, Fedora, SuSe etc.. the client end works as expected, when same service is accessed on Debian based system like Ubuntu, Xandros etc.. it doesn't works as expected. In all the OS, firefox version is maintained.
    So is it that JDK packages which are used are different for different OS (As they need to compile) which affects the form services or is it that developer's has to take care of this and develop applications which are something like platform independent.

6. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

Hello

No it is not a developer's problem. The forms developed with 6i or 10g will run independent of what OS the client system has installed provided GUI is enabled and the OS is configured properly. Configuring the client machine's OS is not the developer's lookout.

7. babytux

babytux Active Member

Thanks for all the information.

8. babytux

babytux Active Member

hi all,
    after googling out, I configured client system for Oracle Form services. now problem I am facing is, The form have various buttons on it, like you can say a matrix of 4X4. so when i press tab key to navigate between those buttons, the highlight takes place randomly and not sequentially.
    other than this when a form is loaded which consist of few textboxes. Instead of putting value in first textbox, I select third textbox and enter some value, the cursor and value are displayed in first textbox.
    Some key control does not work, for example there is key control (ctrl+F11) to display the
    menu for selection does not work.