1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Calling windows operating system functions like system shutdown,refresh,function key

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by aadityainpccs, Mar 22, 2013.

1. aadityainpccs

aadityainpccs Active Member

Hello,
    I am new in Oracle D2k.I want to know that how to call windows XP/7 shell commands(operating system functions) or windows function key(like F5 for system refresh in windows xp/7) in an Oracle Form.
    Actually I have to make a trigger which can fire at pressing a particular key and execute appropriate action of Windows7 like shutdown,F5(function key of windows to system refresh).
    thank you
    regards
    aaditya.

2. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Re: Calling windows operating system functions like system shutdown,refresh,function

Hey Adi,

That sounds like a dangerous one dude. Do u really wanna give ANY user the priviledge of shutting down the server? Is it?
    And y do we need such kinda requirement or concept? .. thats wierd. It can be done by wrapper classes and many more ways, but the security issues comes into action over here.