1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

BR-10 (GAP-Analysis document)

Discussion in 'General' started by manikvengurlekar, Jul 18, 2012.

1. manikvengurlekar

manikvengurlekar Forum Advisor

Hi all,
    Can anybody provide me the sample document of BR-10(GAP-Analysis). :confused:

Regards
    Manik

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

uploaded. pick up pls.
    cheers
    Ramji

3. manikvengurlekar

Hi ramji,
    Can u please paste the Hyperlink here please!! I am not able to find.

Regard
    Manik

4. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

5. manikvengurlekar

Hi Kiran,
    Thanks for the docs!!!
    But i need 1 sample doc covering some issues. Hope u r getting, means i want the proper format(example) & not the template.

Anyway thanks for your support again.

Regards
    Manik

6. manikvengurlekar

Dear all,
    I would like to add some key point regarding this doc:

• The primary step will be to make a note of the existing business system and list out the flaws and positive aspects. This is an attempt to have an idea of what is currently happening given the scenario in question so as to help in ERP implementation.
    • Evaluate and decide the additions that need to be made to the business in view of ERP implementation. The aim is to make sure that there is not even a thin line of difference between ERP and the organizations commercial activities. It will be oriented to ERP function.
    • Rating the existing level of performance to set a benchmark or standards for the business as on date. This will help in finding out the benefit of ERP.
    • Having an in-depth study of the regulations and statements in the organizations and suggesting modifications. This also will decide ERP implementation.
    • Clearly defining the roles of individuals in the organization so that the priorities are met and the structure remains undisturbed. This is to make things clear for ERP function.
    • Checking if the objective in discharging duties are met because it is the ultimate solution to any issue. If they are not met the gaps should be made known and corrected. Only then the organization can achieve the benefit of ERP.
    • Ensuring that functions are executed properly and if need be personnel can be rewarded to boost up and encourage performance.
    • Similarly comparisons are to be made for every other factor that draws relation in one way or other. These results are to be complied for ERP gap analysis.
    • The gap analysis takes into account all the factors of study and gives the results. It either recommends the implementation of an ERP system or rejects the idea in totality.

Regards
    Manik

7. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Hi Manik,

The doc is uploaded by Ramji. Just I have given Url. Over to Ramji...

8. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Guys,

Just saw this thread.You will be able to fill up the doc after your Requirement Analysis and BP30 and BP80 are done. BP 30 80 compares the ASIS and to be process and the BR10 summarizes the GAPs.

Most of the filled up docs are proprietory and info relates to specific businesses and cannot be distributed in public domain. Put it this way. I worked on a project for say X client. If I release the document and its in public domain, the reputation of the firm that implemented would be in tatters. Nowadays in the internet age it is a significant risk. Knowledge sharing should be accompanied by due caution. Hope you understand the ramifications.
    Ramji