1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Best Oracle Books for self study

Discussion in 'Training and Certification' started by tyro, Feb 2, 2009.

1. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Hi all, I am starting this thread in reference to this thread where a member inquired about "really good oracle books" from a database and dba perspective.

I will compile my list shortly, in stages, from beginners to intermediate, to advanced. Requesting others to also list the books which really helped them learn.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

According to what I have been hearing the following are among the best:

• Effective Oracle by Design (Osborne ORACLE Press Series) by Thomas Kyte
    • Expert Oracle Database Architecture: 9i and 10g Programming Techniques and Solutions by Thomas Kyte
    • Cost-Based Oracle Fundamentals (Expert's Voice in Oracle) (v. 1) by Jonathan Lewis
    • Oracle PL/SQL Best Practices by Steven Feuerstein

3. UnixGuru

UnixGuru Active Member

For DBA Certification purpose, the sybex and Oracle press books are what i would recommend.

4. coventry

coventry Active Member

Multidimensional Data Modeling Toolkit This book will show you ways to leverage the value of your data warehouse through refining the information it contains to create cogent, actionable measures of business performance. The content is informative and practical, reflecting over 15 years of hands-on experience developing multidimensional analytic applications for over a dozen companies. Whether you are new to business intelligence or a seasoned practitioner, whether you are using Oracle OLAP now or another toolset, The Multi-dimensional Data ModelingToolkit will have something significant to offer you.

5. WatchDragon

WatchDragon Guest

I have about 10 minutes of experience with oracle databases, and from i have seen, i wouldn't mind working towards a DBA certification. So, what book would be good for me (or youtube tutorials, i donno) that would go from installing the database, to creation and beyond?