1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Batch Insert/update from .Net

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by reacharish, Apr 18, 2010.

1. reacharish

reacharish Guest

I have a requirement where multiple records have to be inserted/ updated into a table, from .Net application. The records have to be passed to Oracle stored procedure, which will insert data into the tables. I am using Oracle 10g.

One option I have is to use data table in .Net, and convert the records into XML. Pass the XML as a string to Oracle SP. This way, I can propage multiple records to SP, and parse the XML to insert into table. Please advice if this approach is acceptable as optimal and a best method.

Thanks and Regards,
    Vamsi Mohan Harish
  2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Aurora, CO
    Without seeing the data who can say what is optimal in your situation? How is the stored procedure written? What arguments does it accept?

You have much to share before an answer can be given.
  3. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

@ Bangalore , India
    Normally , As long as the data is not huge, XML paring will work without any performance issues.

1. You have to Pass XML as input (Not String)
    2. Procedure will parse XML and insert the multiple records.(Not XML Field).