1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Basic apps questions

Discussion in 'General' started by curtisp40, Jun 11, 2015.

1. curtisp40

curtisp40 Active Member

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the following. Please bear with me, and thank you in advance! I might have more questions but wanted to get this started.

Which products or modules are the following a part of or were a part of?

• CRM Gateway for Mobile Devices
    • Mobile Application Foundation
    • Sales Foundation
    • Shipping Execution
    • Time and Labor Engine

What are concurrent programs? What is concurrent program scheduling?

How are System Administration (SYSADMIN acronym) users treated?

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

As for the concurrent programs. The Oracle Apps structure comes with a scheduling system, the Concurrent Manager. You can either schedule jobs to run or call it directly to kick off any process. Think of it as a service.

The Apps world has a SysAdmin user whose menu responsibilities include creating the user accounts, setting up and assigning responsibilities, creating/registering the menus, managing the Concurrent manager and so forth.

HTH

CJ

curtisp40 likes this.
  3. curtisp40

curtisp40 Active Member

A couple more:

How would you treat admin users for a product that the end user is not licensed for? (Note: the product could also be bundled into another one that is licensed.)

How are guest users treated? Do they count towards usage if the app is licensed under a user-based metric?

Thanks!

4. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

Those last two questions depend entirely upon the licensing model that's being used. Oracle has several...which one you're under is something only you would know.