1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Backup Of Database Through Oracle XE 10g

Discussion in 'Security, Backup and Recovery' started by Usman, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Usman

Usman Active Member

Hy,
    when i take the backup of database, backup is created successfully but i want the files in which the files that have database ? Backup process give me log file location not the backup files ??
    Help me please . . .

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Your question is terribly unclear on what you want. How are you performing this backup, with which utility? We need to know how this is done and what exactly you want to know before anyone can give you an answer.

3. Usman

Usman Active Member

I am taking backup form oracle 10g XE "backup database" utility . . . I was asking that i take a database backup through this utility after taking backup it give the location of log file which is in the directory C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\database\abcdef.log . . . but i want the backup files that created by the utility . . . not the log files so that i save them on other location . . . On requirement i use them to restore the database . . .

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

That utility is RMAN and it knows where it stores the backup pieces. A simple set of commands are all you need:

RMAN> restore database;

RMAN> recover database;

and you're done. The log file is presented so you can see the backup progress and if any errors occurred.