1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Automatic Costing Process

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by tomloera, Apr 17, 2013.

1. tomloera

tomloera Forum Expert

Hello;

Good afternoon friends

I could help with the following questions

You know if there is some function in Oracle to allocate the last purchase cost as cost of items?

Because I'm implementing the inventory module and the generation of the journals by issuing inventory accounting need to have a pair each item cost

Currently none of my items is assigned a cost and I want to avoid having to capture item by item as it is a very long process.

Thanks for your support
    Tomas

2. dora.boyack

dora.boyack Active Member

It sounds like you're using Standard cost method. There's no standard functionality to achieve your goal while you may try work arounds.

There're standard programs to define item cost as average open PO price, PO receiving price, or PO invoice price. You run the program as often as possible, let's assume, 4 hours. Then the average price during this period will be the new cost. You can take this as the past po cost. Update your standard cost with this new cost pretty close to what you want.