1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Attempted Sales Tax Credit and got message "Error in Commit Call" (Receivables R12)

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by Derek Oracle Newbie, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Derek Oracle Newbie

Derek Oracle Newbie Active Member

Thank you in advance Experts!

As my user name states, I am a newbie in Oracle. We have R12 and at times in the receivable module, I have to credit the sales tax from a transaction.

I do this procedure by going Transactions->Transactions. (Press) F11 to do a query on the invoice. Enter invoice number and (Press) Cntrl F11. In the toolbar I select "Actions" and scroll down to "Credit". I am now able to adjust the invoice inside the "Credit Transaction" dialog box that comes up. For the reason, I enter "Tax Error" on that line. In the "Credit Allocation" filed, I select 'Tax.' Then I proceed to enter the negative dollar amount on the tax line that I want to credit.

- At this point, I do a Cntrl 'S' to save (or click on the 'save' icon at the top). In most cases, the system calculates, and then allows me to select 'Complete' to finish the transaction credit. However, in some instances, I am 'Saving' and then I get an error message that says "Error in Commit Call." and then it doesn't allow me to 'complete' the credit.

Do you know what may be happening? It only happens on a few accounts, and regardless of dollar amounts. Otherwise, I am able to clear most that need to be done.

Thank you!

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Re: Attempted Sales Tax Credit and got message "Error in Commit Call" (Receivables R1

Please upload the scree shots so that can take a look and hopefully give you the root cause.

3. Derek Oracle Newbie

Derek Oracle Newbie Active Member

Re: Attempted Sales Tax Credit and got message "Error in Commit Call" (Receivables R1

Hello and Thank you! I have uploaded a screen shot. I hope you can see it.

Attached Files:

4. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Derek,

This is a Deadlock. As a first step to resolve this send the details to your DBA team. They should be able to resolve in no time in different ways.
    cheers
    Ramji

5. M_Oracle

M_Oracle Active Member

Ramji - How can they resolve this? Can we provide them some logs to pin point where the issue is?

thank you.

6. M_Oracle

M_Oracle Active Member

Checked with my DBAs. They see no deadlocks, and the trace file also shows no locks/ anomalies.

We are using Vertex O series to calc tax, but besides that my issue is exactly the same as that faced by the original poster/ Derek.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

7. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Hi,

My understanding was a deadlock error occured when committing a transaction and the database had to be restored by the DBA's. In the process the old parent transaction and its children which did not correct completely would be taken out. If this was not done then every subsequent attempt would throw up the same error on the transaction.

Let me explore further on this one. Also this means that the moment this issue comes up you need to get the dba's to take down the database and restore rather than repeat the transaction. Its definitely a db issue.
    cheers
    Ramji