1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Attachment email

Discussion in 'Oracle Application Express (APEX)' started by Bharat, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi All,

We have an report which contains classic report with 6 columns. When we submit the page then query runs based on the parameters and going to display the data in Classic report (Tabular view) and we provided Download feature for that Classic Report. Now we want to implement email functionality on this classic report output. Like want to attach the classic report output to the email and need to send mail through APEX. Is it possible to do from apex level? if so please suggest the process to do this.

2. Bharat

Hi All,

Is this requirement possible to do using standard properties in the APEX Classical Report level ? or do we need to go with Customizations to achieve this?

3. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

Migrate the report to Interactive...the attached Toolbar includes email...although I've never used it.

4. Bharat

Yes, we can go with this option but here we have two parts in the report and for part 1 we used Interactive report and provided email option through this option. And part 2 contains Classic Report as we don't have option to place 2 Interactive reports on single page. Now users are expecting to email the output from both Interactive report and Classic report.

Even if we go with Interactive report the data sent through email is in html page format. And now we want to send email with pdf attachment in Interactive Report even.

Please guide us on this with suitable solution to achieve this.

5. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

Yeah...the restriction of one IR per page has bit me as well...but you can move part 2 to its own page.

As for the PDF email...I believe there's a recorded session available via ODTUG...but I'm not sure if it's an email solution or just creating PDF reports via APEX. If you're not an ODTUG member, you should consider it. I'll endeavor to take a look at it this weekend.

CJ

6. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

Bharat,
    I checked the ODTUG site and the webinar on the PDF reporting is today...but it doesn't mention email at all...so that's a dead end for you. :(

7. Bharat

Hi CJ,

So we don't have an option to send an email with classic report as excel sheet attachment ?

8. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

You may have to craft your own...

9. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor