1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

ASM to UFS migration

Discussion in 'Security, Backup and Recovery' started by General Franco, Jul 8, 2012.

1. General Franco

General Franco Active Member

Hi there.

Does anyone know if it's possible to migrate a DB out of ASM and on to UFS from an RMAN backup set? I could do this using an RMAN image copy of the source DB but I'm not sure how to proceed with a backup set since the pieces are compressed .. so the 'switch database to copy' command doesn't work. I assume I have to create the new control file, mount and then restore the backup pieces, and then run the 'switch database' or 'switch datafile' command but it's not working for me.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    F

2. General Franco

General Franco Active Member

Yes .. it turns out that it is possible. And straight forward.

1. nomount the DB and update the spfile
    2. restore the control file from the backup set
    3. mount the DB
    4. then restore the datafiles using the 'set newname' command
    5. make the control file point to the new datafile locations with the 'switch' command
    6. restore the archive logs to the correct location
    7. recover the database
    8. set the new redo logs location
    9. open the database

Sadik likes this.
  3. This internet website seems to recieve a abounding accordance of visitors. How do you get cartage to it? It gives a able acclimatized abuttals on things. I accepting accepting some action accurate or abounding to array about could be the a lot of important factor.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    wholesale Jewelry