1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

(Ask) EAM Student Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by alconx, May 17, 2010.

1. alconx

alconx Active Member

Hai there,

I am college student and just got project that use Oracle E-Business Suite R12 - EAM module..

and I just only have EAM User Guide and Implementer Guide. Which is too hard for a newbie like me. So I think I need the EAM Student Guide.

Anyone here has EAM R12 Student Guide??.

Plzzzz share it to me.

Best Regards

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Alconx,

I may be able to help you out. But I am curious, what kind of project is it which needs you to use Oracle EAM? I hope you are aware that EAM is not a standalone software.

alconx likes this.
  3. alconx

alconx Active Member

Yap Mr Sadik.
    I'm having my research about EAM in company that already have implement others module (Inventory, Purchasing, etc).
    I've already search in Metalink, only get User Guide and Implementation Guide. So, Do u have the Student Guide?.

Thx Alot.

4. alconx

alconx Active Member

And Mr Sadik.
    I am kinda curious about Preventive Maintenance in Enterprise Asset Management.

If I set default Usage Rate = 100 KM (Initial Reading = 0). And then in Preventive Maintenance --> Schedule Definition I set My Base Interval = 5000 KM. So, without entering any meter reading. in Work Order Planning --> Maintenance Workbench, I can see that my WO will be launch once every 50 Days (5000 KM / 100 KM).. IS This true?

Then, I am kinda confused in My initial reading. If from beginning I used Initial Reading = 100 km. Logically, My WO will be launch 49 days after I set My PM ((5000-100)/100) = 49 Days.. But in Oracle, My Wo will be launch 50 days after I set My PM. Why is this happen??.

Best Regards

5. ashishb01

ashishb01 Active Member

first off i must say that for a begineer u have done very well so far..... some ppl find it hard to get the meters concept...

Answer to ur first query is right... it will generate in 50 days... but in your second question u got a little confused...
    100 is ur initial reading and as you correctly said, 5000 is the interval and NOT the benchmark... in the second case also PM will be generated after 50 days.. the eqy=uation goes like this:

base 100
    usage rate 100
    interval 5000
    next due = (interval)/usage rate ie in this case (5000/100)=50 days... there fore the PM WO will be generated when the vehicle has run 100+5000=5100 kms....

hope that clears

6. alconx

alconx Active Member

Oke Mr Ashishb, thx very much for your information.

But now, i got a problem.

as we know, in oracle EBS R12, EAM MODULE. to create WR And WO. we only can use HTML form..
    But I need to customize the HTML form, so every user can only find WO from His/her Department.

Do u have any suggestion about how to do personalize in HTML form??.

Best Regards,

7. ashishb01

ashishb01 Active Member

Its a very common requirement. Unfortunately there is no easy solution for this. There HTML forms you are talking about are basically called Self Service pages. It allows only very limited personalizations and such requirements can not be met easily.

There is a functional reason for this as well... generally u ll see that a Work Order has a owning department and then each operation has different departments.... So a work order can have a main dept (say Mechanical dept ) and many departments (say elec, instrumentation, workshop, etc) can carry out each operation... Now how can u possibly restrict this??

Say I belong to electrical and i need to work on the first operation... but if u restrict me from viewing the main WO cos it belongs to mech, how can i possibly work??

Your requirement is more valid for Work Request.... unfortunately there is no direct solution but in r12, you can exercise better control using Approval management.... you can seek approval for each status change of the WR

8. alconx

alconx Active Member

Oke Mr Ashishb,
    But in my case, there are many dept (let say dep a, b, c) but we only using Single IO (to avoid doing inter org), so for the result our WO have same PREFIX for these 3 departments.

so to separate WO for each department, we plan to do personalization in WO HTML form (to custom LOV, so while user query WO, they only can see WO from their dept)

Do u have any suggestion??

9. henuchen

henuchen Active Member

i want to know if you have got the student guide ?can u share it ?thanks .

10. Pra Barn Wall

Pra Barn Wall Active Member

Hello,

I am looking for Oracle EAM 12 student guide. Can someone help me, please?

I truly appreciate the help. Please send me on pbarnwal@gmail.com.

If you don't have, kindly refer me where i can get it... Thank you in advance...

11. Mosunmola

Mosunmola Active Member

Hello Mr Arshish,
    Lovely i have read the entire thread and i can see you are quite grounded in EAM, please do you happen to have a BR100 for EAM, i need it badly. Look forward to hearing from you. My email is gmosunmola@gmail.com.
    Thanks in advance.