1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Article on Absence Management in R12

Discussion in 'General' started by Amy, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Amy

Amy Active Member

We have recently implemented Absence Management. Our team is having lot of issues regarding the functional aspect of it like the column vaues, filed values etc.

Does any one have a document/presentation on Absence Management. Any FAQs will also be helpful.

e.g -- Is it possible to delete/gray out the options/drop down field available to a user while selecting the type of absence. We dont want the managers to get confused with different leave types available in the drop down menu.
    Can the selection be made specific to a user ? If so how ?

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Amy

You might find some useful Documents in the documents section, specially the HRMS Payroll Documents Section.

This Document looks like it may be what you are after.

Also, let me state that we have a rule that for anyone to download docs, they must first upload one useful Document. It is a problem for newbies but unfortunately this rule is the only reason why we have so many excellent documents in the Doc section.

3. Amy

Amy Active Member

Well if we are new and are trying to get some info out of this forum then how are we supposed to first upload a 'useful document'.

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

I know it's not the ideal situation and I am trying to come up with alternatives. You have to appreciate that the site is free with very little advertisments and Document hosting is not very cheap. But anyways, the simple solution is that you can write up an small word doc describing challenges in your business scenario and how you went about implementing apps for the solution. Anything which is useful information. Writing something like that hardly takes half an hour. I have made countless such documents and presentations, so just an idea.

Anyway I do appreciate the feedback and would love to have everything for free for everyone but it simply is not possible to implement. :( If this rule did not exist, that document I linked you to would most likely never have been shared and we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.