1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Alternative for RDF in XML Publisher Report ?

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by RG Hegde, Jun 9, 2015.

1. RG Hegde

RG Hegde Forum Advisor

Hello ,

I have to create an XML Publisher report .

But I dont want to use RDF for XML Data .

Could you please let me know what are the other Alternative for this...

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

I thought the whole point about using XML Publisher was that you didn't have to use Reports...where is the RDF coming into the picture?

CJ

3. RG Hegde

RG Hegde Forum Advisor

Hello,

We used below steps for XML publisher report.

We used rdf report to place query and get XML code and create rtf Template and then created definitions and templates.

4. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

My understanding of XML Publisher was to use the Template Builder plug-in for MS-Word. Is that no longer the process?

5. blackgee

blackgee Active Member

You can development the XML using Oracle Reports, it is very easy because you have only create data model and Oracle Reports perform the XML build. When you register your concurrent program you need to put XML as output file, after that go to XML Administrator and linkt to the dataa definitions. When user submit the concurrent program eh XDO Server associate the concurrent with XML template and the user will get the output using BI Publisher template created.

You can also using XMLELEMENT and other XML Database Function and create the XML from backend using PLSQL, it is very easy but you need to perform more code.

The other option is code this using template xml with the SQL inside the XML.

XML could be generate using PLSQL, Oracle Reports, or Template. When you have the XML sample you can upload it into MS-OFFICE and then work in your template.... the all thing with XML is to get the sample in order to work into the template....

RG Hegde likes this.