1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Alt SQL Developer

Discussion in 'Other Development Tools' started by altsqldev, Oct 3, 2012.

1. altsqldev

altsqldev Active Member

Hi!
    I would like to announce the Alt SQL Developer (altsqldeveloper.com). This program is my analog of TOAD, SQL Developer, PL \ SQL Developer, but more FAST!
    I would like you to test the program and start using it if you like it

It would be great to hear your comments and suggestions.

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

That looks good but after few minutes it's getting stuck and I need to end the process of that altsqldeveloper using task manager.

3. altsqldev

altsqldev Active Member

Thank you for your comment. I strive to make Alt SQL Developer the best tool. Please, describe in details what you was trying to do and in what window (SQL window, command window, etc)? Were you trying to break execution by using button "Break execution" looks like "lightning"?

4. Bharat

Hi altsqldev,

I have installed it successfully and also executed queries successfully. After that for-awhile the software get stuck and not responding. So finally I have ended that process through task manager.

When I run the queries they are running fine and giving proper results.

5. altsqldev

altsqldev Active Member

Could you reproduce this problem? What time ping to your server?

6. Bharat

Again its produced same error. I have tried to query the table and got result after that for some time i left it ideal, and again tried to write query in it. But it was got struck. And again it's released in few seconds. Don't know what happened there..

But that was a great tool. Really it helps alot for getting triggers, data, keys, attributes, check constraints, etc.

7. altsqldev

altsqldev Active Member

1) May be this happen after you write dot "."?
    Dot call Code Assistant for help you write query. May be you have slow connection with your database or you have several thousand objects for your user? Please try off Code Assistant in Tools -> Preferences -> (User Interface) Code Assistant. And try again.

2) Or May be you change record in the your table and don't call "commit or rollback" command and try change this record in another session?

I was trying to reproduce this problem and I had no success.

8. altsqldev

altsqldev Active Member

3) If it's been a long time after you have completed the request it is possible session was closed on the server side and the client was trying to re-create it when you tried again to use the application. How long the program struck? Does it struck more when 2 minutes?

9. Bharat

Yeah may be network problem. It's working fine now.

10. salmankhalid

salmankhalid Forum Advisor

I have installed and checked it, its looks probably similar to PL/SQL Developer with very limited features, might be due to trial version, but also have some features that are liked by DBA as to check user sessions and locked in single click or killing any user session. But the main point of its compiler is that after compiling package/procedure/function its shows only done as package is compiled with no errors but doesn’t show any warnings that seems to be a bit odd as not every time error is important some warnings counts too much
    I am not saying that these options are not available in this tool, but they might be not found be me
    But I keep it till trail version as this is my first day with ALT-SQL Developer dakho agay agay hota hai kya ;)

11. altsqldev

altsqldev Active Member

Please tell us what features you need and we are up the priority of their realisation