1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Adding text to the right of Submit/Cancel button

Discussion in 'Oracle Application Express (APEX)' started by wasimsha, Jul 23, 2014.

1. wasimsha

wasimsha Active Member

Hello,

I hope you guys would help me with this simple issues.(as I am new to this application)

1) I have a two buttons(cancel and submit). Now I need to add a text to the right of the submit button

2) I have a radio buttons(saying "Yes" or "No' ) and added three text box below that(for instance:Car, Bike)
    Now if I select "Yes" the car and bike field should be turned to mandatory field( a red astreks shown) and if "No" the field should not be mandatory.

Please advice and help me to solve this issue as I stucked in this for so long. Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

2. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Oracle Forms or OAF Forms ???

3. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

It's neither Forms or OAF...it's APEX which is completely different.

Wasimsha,

You can't add Boilerplate text to the left/right/above/below any object in APEX just because you want to. It has to be attached to an object. For instance, when you create a Text Item you are given the 'option' of adding a label w/ a dropdown box of choices where the label may appear.

You have a button and the button label is always ON the button. Your only option to add text 'beside' the button is to add another Item to the region...like a Display Only field...and it looks fairly stupid...trust me...I've done just that. ;-)

As for your Radio and Checkbox issue. To resolve that you will have to learn about Dynamic Actions. I would highly suggest you take a look at "Pro Oracle Application Express" via aPress...and you might consider taking the class via SkillBuilders. The Dynamic Action feature is fairly flexible in what you can do while being fairly inflexible in how it allows you to accomplish it.

Always remember, in every other tool you tell the environment HOW you want something done...in APEX you tell the tool WHAT you want done and it takes care of the HOW for you.

HTH

CJ

4. wasimsha

wasimsha Active Member

Hi DTSIGuy

Thank a lott!!!!!! :)