1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

About to know Oracle OS Combination

Discussion in 'Installation - Unix and Unix Like' started by kimipatel, Jul 29, 2013.

1. kimipatel

kimipatel Active Member

Hi,

Which one is better with oracle, windows or linux? my circle is suggest to me linux debian with oracle is better. is debian is desktop or server? pleases can anyone suggest which one is better? I already done with oracle 11g installation with windows. I don't face any problems much. I used pl/sql command line passed some quires as well as good. is it better with continue windows? or try linux ? if linux then debian is ok? or try some other ubundu? What is better for me?

Thanks & regards,
    kimipatel

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

If you are not 'having problems much' with your Windows installation why change it? Making such a change requires you to install a new operating system, download a new distribution of Oracle for the desired operating system and perform a new install of Oracle. Is it worth that much trouble for a database to learn on?

3. kimipatel

kimipatel Active Member

Hi,

Thanks zargon.
    So According you also windows is the good for Oracle? I know but i just want to know About different OS? For this reason i post this question hear. But Like you i also thinking the Windows is good for me so far. One of my friend ask me this i reply him same way.

Thanks & regards,
    kimipatel