R12 Sub Ledger Accounting (SLA) in Oracle Apps

in Oracle E-Business Suite & Oracle Fusion Applications; Hi, this site has some excellent threads on oracle apps. I have started working a little on Oracle Payables on ...
+ Post Reply + Post New Topic
    imsean is offline Junior Member

R12 Sub Ledger Accounting (SLA) in Oracle Apps

Hi, this site has some excellent threads on oracle apps. I have started working a little on Oracle Payables on oracle applications Release 12 and was just curious to find out how the Sub-Ledger Accounting (SLA) works. Can someone give some guidance, explanation for a total beginner in SLA.

thanks guys, u rock!
    rajeshb.345 says Thanks.

apps_expert is offline Forum Expert

Re: R12 Sub Ledger Accounting (SLA) in Oracle Apps

hi sean, i had a whitepaper that gives a very good introduction of R12 Sub-ledger accounting, hope you find it useful.
    Attached Files

SM79697 is offline Junior Member

Good to have an overview on R12 SLA concept

Thanks

Brenda is offline Junior Member

Hi, you can also check this Document on Metalink
    Document ID: 605707.1
    SLA: A TECHNICAL PERSPECTIVE OF THE AP TO GL RECONCILIATION.
    It was very usefull for me.
    Good Luck

ramesh.bushi is offline Junior Member

hi, this is ramesh i want know what is mean by sub ledger accounting,why it was in introduced in r12 what is main advantage for this let me know do have any idea can you explain me

Bharat is offline Forum Guru

Hi ramesh,

As of my knowledge before Sub Ledger Accounting (SLA) whenever we are doing create accounting at AP or AR then they directly go to General Ledger. But here after implementing SLA concept whenever we are not willing to transfer accounting information to GL then we can divert it to SLA tables and we can modify them there and we can post them. In Payments, Receivables, Reconciliations we can do this. Please refer to the below posts for documents on this SLA topic.
    Regards,
    Bharat G.

Ramji is offline Forum Guru

Ramesh,

Sub Ledger Accounting is a beautiful feature which has come a full circle with R12. It was there with the AX patches in R11i. Basically in Release 11i

a) Every sub ledger module had its own program that needed to be run to send entries to GL.
    b) Having sent the entries to GL , the amount of data in there also varied from module to module which limited the drill down feature significantly.
    c)In R12 a uniform program called create accounting comes into play.The architecture is changed. When a Business event happens and is captured by a transaction in the subledger, this is passed on to SLAM where all the accounting entries are centralized and reside, it is possible to uniformly extract information from different modules.
    d)By ensuring a seamless sync between the subledger and GL, significant savings in time and effort to reconcile has been achieved. Please do look at the different modes you can submit the Create accounting program and the rationale.
    e)Online inquiry is far more detailed compared to the earlier limitations as more subledger information can be viewed seamlessly and in a standard way.
    f)Another important feature should be seen in the 4th C which was introduced in the Ledger. With this it is now possible to maintain different variations of subledger accounting information with different rules thereby catering to minute geographical and statutory needs and giving more flexibility.

I have uploaded the Oracle student guide for SLAM. Also refer to their usual documents on the same. It is vast but easy to understand once you look at it from a functional and practical perspective.
    Good Luck
    Ramji
    Last edited by Ramji; 06-15-2012 at 06:30 AM. Reason: more info

kofib is offline Junior Member

Thanks you, very much, Sean

Other Solutions
  1. Supplier Ledger report in oracle apps
    By esha in forum Oracle Financials
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 04:37 AM
  2. Replies: 0